These carrots were an impulse buy at Trader Joe’s. They were so pretty, I couldn’t resist! But then I had a bag of carrots that I had no plan for. Just my shallow self and a bag of pretty carrots. But thanks to the internet and some brainstorming I came up with this salad. Carrots, pineapple, pecans, and celery in a sweet and tangy dressing.
The idea for this salad came from a super weird but really tasty recipe that I’ve made for tacky parties before(and yes, tacky parties are a thing). It’s an orange jello with carrots, celery, pineapple, and pecans inside. I know, I couldn’t believe that this combination would taste good, but it really does. So I took this concept, added golden raisins, and left out the jello. Someday I’ll post the recipe with the jello, hehe☺️
I used a similar dressing to the Hawaiian Pasta Salad dressing, but I left out the mayo this time. It honestly was not missed at all. I love the sweet and tangy flavors – I could probably drink it straight!
I would say that the celery is pretty optional. I had some in my fridge that I needed to use, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to add it.
This would make a great side dish or a nice light dinner. And this was definitely even more tasty the next day. I had leftovers for lunch. Very satisfying😊
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup raisins (I used golden)
- 4 cups grated carrots, about 7 medium carrots
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- ¾ cups chopped toasted pecans
- ¾ cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Combine pineapple juice, Greek yogurt, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir until completely combined.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir again.
- Refrigerate until needed.