This Funfetti Dip recipe is a bit of a Pinterest classic, but I had to share my version because it’s amazing for several reasons:
- Funfetti is superior to all other cake mixes (obvi).
- Only three ingredients 👯👯
- No baking skills required (yassss!)
- It’s not aaaaas unhealthy as it looks
- Dips are fun! Funfetti is fun! This recipe is fun!
I’m not a huge sweets person, and baking is way too precise for my taste. I have no chill or patience when it comes to making sweets and I also have no shame, so making a dip from cake mix is totally acceptable in my world.
I’ve made this for a ton of different events over the years, and it’s always a success. I usually serve with animal crackers, but this time I tried it with Nilla Wafers per Dan’s request. Verdict: Nilla Wafers are more flavorful, animal crackers are cuter… so it’s a toss up.
This is a great recipe for potlucks. Your coworkers(or whatever lucky people you’re potlucking with) will be so pleasantly surprised when you tell them they aren’t shoveling straight up cream cheese and sugar into their faces 🙂
Okay, there’s probably some sugar in there, but you got me.
This dip is sweet and creamy, almost like eating straight up cake batter without the whole risk of salmonella thing. Not that I’m not completely guilty of eating dough at every opportunity I get.
I want to experiment more with lazy girl cake mix dips. Maybe a lemon cheesecake with graham crackers?? Or a peanut putter chocolate situation? *Wheels turning*
- 1 box Funfetti mix
- 2 cups light vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup light Cool Whip
- Mix all the ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.
- Chill in refrigerator for four hours.
- Serve with Nilla Wafers or animal crackers. Or both!