This is soooo my kind of recipe. It’s easy and foolproof. And tastes like eating a cloud of birthday cake. Light, fluffy filling with a slightly crunchy Oreo crust. Made with birthday cake Oreos. Which I didn’t even know were a thing until very recently. Target even has a store brand version – that’s when you know you’ve made it😉
Now I didn’t come up with this one on my own. I found a recipe on The Domestic Rebel* and then multiplied it by 1.5 to fit my available containers. I also used cashew milk instead of regular milk. I was pretty worried that the pudding wouldn’t set, but it worked great with the cashew milk. I had read that pudding won’t set with soy milk, but I guess there isn’t an issue with cashew milk.
The OG recipe:http://thedomesticrebel.com/2015/07/29/cake-batter-lush-dessert/
- 36 Birthday Cake Golden Oreos
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 box (3.4 oz) French Vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup dry Funfetti cake mix (just the dry powder)
- 4 cups light Cool Whip (about 2 8-oz pkgs), divided
- About ½ cup sprinkles
- Place 20 cookies in a gallon size resealable bag and begin crushing the cookies with a rolling pin or meat mallet until the cookies become coarse crumbs. Pour the cookie crumbs into a large bowl with the melted butter and toss to combine. Press into a greased 8 or 9-inch square baking dish, compacting them loosely in there. Set aside.
- Wipe out the bowl and add in the pudding mix, dry Funfetti mix and milk, whisking until combined and letting sit for 2 minutes. Add in one package (2 cups) of the Cool Whip and ¼ cup sprinkles, folding it in until combined. Carefully spread this mixture over the cookies in the pan.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top of the cake batter pudding layer.
- Crush the remaining cookies in another plastic bag until coarse crumbs as formed. Sprinkle the cookies over the top with the sprinkles. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before cutting into slices to serve.