“I’m baaaaack!” – Pretzel Bread
Yup, I have once again made a recipe using this wonderful pretzel bread from Whole Foods. But this melty buffalo chicken concoction would be great in any loaf of bread that you can stuff things into. Isn’t stuffing things into bread great?
This bread stuffing habit I’ve developed hasn’t been the healthiest, but I did justify this by including some veggies in the mix. The shredded carrots added a nice sweetness and the celery added a nice crunch. And obvi celery and carrots are classic buffalo wing garnishes🙌
We ate this sliced style, but you could also use this as a dip by tearing the bread and scooping up the buffalo chicken guts. I also used the bread insides that I pulled out of the loaf for some dipping. I served this with a Ken’s Blue Cheese Dressing – which is one of my more favorite brands. The dressing isn’t necessary, but what can I say, I love blue cheese💁
- 1 loaf bread - I used pretzel bread, but Italian or french should also work
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup jack cheese - divided into two halves(I used a smoked buffalo jack cheese)
- 2 - 3 Tbs Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Using a knife, cut a wedge on top of the loaf and take it out using your fingers.
- Hollow out the bread a bit more but not too much.
- Place the loaf on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and coated with non stick spray.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients (besides the ½ cup cheese) until fully combined.
- Fill the loaf of bread with the chicken mixture and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve hot.