It’s 90 freakin degrees in our apartment and I am not turning on the oven, so when looking for recipes to make today that was at the forefront of my decision making process. The idea of a pasta salad was appealing.
While cooking today I needed a cold adult beverage, so I came up with this concoction(bonus recipe!!): frozen strawberries, a dash of splenda, cover with red wine and blend(I used an immersion blender). There you have it, wine slushy!
Okay, now back to the recipe you came here for!
I tried to keep this pretty healthy and I should have lunch for the next few days as I think this should keep well for a couple of days. (I’ll keep you posted on that part!) Update: this makes great leftovers!
I once again used my trusty Trader Joe’s frozen roasted corn for this recipe, but this would be awesome straight off the cobb. It would be about two cobs worth if you wanted to go that route. This recipe is perfect for BBQs – or for a healthy lunch or dinner.
Next time I would add a crumbly Mexican cheese like cojita or quest fresco for some extra saltiness and texture.
Recipe For the Dressing:
1 cup Salsa
1/2 cup of Sour cream
1/2 cup of light Mayonnaise
1-2 cloves garlic, minced (depending on your garlic level preference – I like a lot of garlic☺️)
Juice from 1 – 2 slices of lime
Salt/Pepper to taste
Dash of Tabasco sauce – I used about a tablespoon of the Chipotle tabasco – totally the way to go!
- 1 lbs of pasta, cooked, drained and quickly rinsed with cold water
- 1 cup of frozen (thawed) corn
- ½ cup of sliced black olives
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large beefsteak Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 half red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup Red onions, diced
- Cilantro and tortilla chips for garnish
- Cook the pasta al dente. Rinse with cold water to stop them from cooking. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the salad together. Don’t toss yet.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Pour over the pasta ingredients and toss gently until everything is combined.