I’m a sucker for pistachio – definitely my favorite nut and one of my favorite flavors in general. I don’t know if pistachio is getting more popular or I’m just drawn to it more lately. Either way, pistachio recipes have been catching my eye, so making this was a perfect opportunity to satisfy my craving. I love this dessert because it’s easy and no bake. My favorite qualities when making a recipe😉 And of course it has to be delicious and this recipe totally qualifies.
Aren’t those some pretty nuts??😍
Dan was super in love with this recipe. I wasn’t sure if he would be down with the pistachio, but it was a hit! The combination of the cream cheese, pineapple, and the pudding is sooooo creamy and addictive. Fortunately there’s plenty of mix so you can sample some – quality control, you know😜
While this isn’t a super healthy dish I did try to keep the calorie count down when possible. I used light cream cheese as well as light whipped topping. And this has pineapple in it, fruit = healthy, right??
I was really happy with how this came out, but if I were to change anything I’d add some more chopped pistachios to the top. I held back a little, but who doesn’t need more nuts??
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 container light whipped topping(you might not need the whole thing - I used about ⅘)
- coarsly chopped pistachios for garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and pistachio pudding mix until smooth. Fold in pineapple and spoon into the crust.
- Spread whipped topping on the top of the pistachio layer. Garnish with chopped pistachios. Chill until ready to serve.