This soup is crazy rich, flavorful, and filling. And stupidly healthy. And so easy!
Veggies, broth, PB, blend, enjoy! 👯👯
Okay, there’s a baby bit more to it than that, but not by much.
If you really wanted you could probably just boil in the veggies in stock instead of roasting, but I love the flavors roasting brings out in vegetables.
This is the most basic version of this recipe. Because of the peanut butter this has a slightly Thai flavor to it. You could easily jazz this up with one or some of the topping options. Next time I’m definitely going to garnish this with some fresh basil or cilantro. I also think you could use this in other ways. I’m thinking as a pizza sauce base or maybe for pasta… getting future recipe ideas right now!
I served with Naan in the pictures and the next day had it with basmati rice on the side. The rice gave a nice contrast in texture, and the naan was a great way to clean up the bowl. You can easily make this vegetarian/vegan by using a veggie broth.
- ½ 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 pound carrots, scrubbed (or peeled) and chopped (~4 cups)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups chicken Stock
- ⅓ cup peanut butter of your choice
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Fresh basil, cilantro, or mint; coconut milk; brown sugar; Sriracha hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat onions, carrots, sweet potatoes, and garlic with olive oil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Put in blender and add stock and peanut butter. Blend until at a smooth consistency. Or, if you have an immersion blender, put it all in a pot and blend.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with any of the optional toppings.