Yes, it’s a January morning, and yes I have margaritas on the mind. Especially this marg. Pineapple, ginger, and jalapeño, yummy— 😍 I’m a sucker for anything sweet and spicy 😍 – especially if it’s in an adult beverage. 👯👯
The first sweet/spicy margarita I had was the strawberry jalapeño margarita at the Merry Piglets in Jackson Hole, WY and I was in love (they’re available by the pitcher there too – yes please!). When Dan and I road tripped there a couple years ago that was one of the first places we had to go. Totally worth the 15 hour drive!
I feel like this is one of those recipes that is a little different every time. I’ve also made it without the ginger and it was still very good. The ginger flavor isn’t super strong in these, but it adds another dimension of spiciness, so I do think it’s worth it to include.
One element of this recipe that I love is using Crystal Light instead of margarita mix. Not only do you avoid the super sugary mix, but I honestly think the flavor is much better and not as syrupy sweet. And I’m not saying this is a healthy drink, buuut compared to the frightening calorie count of your average margarita this is much more friendly. So have another – 😊
I’ve made this recipe several times for parties. The first time being our Cinco de Mayo engagement party and it was a hit. For parties I make about 4 or 5 batches of this recipe. If you choose to serve this at a party I would suggest not using a drink dispenser spout at that will eventually clog with pineapple pieces. A better option would be a punch bowl and stirring frequently. See – I just am making the mistakes for you. You’re welcome 😊
Cheers to Friday and margarita daydreams! 🍹
- Simple Syrup:
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup truvia (or ½ cup sugar)
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 2-3 inches ginger - peeled and sliced
- Drink Ingredients:
- 2 cups pineapple (canned or fresh)
- 4 cups Crystal Light lemonade (or margarita mix)
- 6 oz white tequila (4 shots)
- 3 oz triple sec (2 shots)
- 2 fresh limes
- Salt, for rimming
- In a small pan, mix the water, trivia (or sugar), ginger, and jalapeño and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Add mixture to a blender and puree on high until smooth. Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer and into a small container. Put the syrup in the fridge to freezer to chill while prepping the other ingredients.
- Rinse out the blender and add the fresh pineapple. Puree until smooth.
- In a pitcher, add the pineapple puree, lemonade, tequila, triple sec and simple syrup. Stir well.
- Use the lime wedge to rub around the rim of the 4 glasses, then dip the rim in the salt. Then fill with ice.
- Pour the margarita mixture among the 4 glasses and garnish with squeezed lime wedge.