Guys. This dip is. so. good. Sweet roasted corn, creamy cheese, and a bit of a kick from the jalapeños. Oh, and the bacon. Mustn’t forget the bacon. 🐽😍 This dip reminds me a little bit of the Mexican dish Elote, which is a creamy corn dish.
This is a great recipe for a party. Just throw everything in the good ol’ crock pot and your good for the day. I made this recipe for the Super Bowl and everyone was a fan.
I made this with frozen roasted corn from Trader Joe’s, but there’s a lot of ways you could go about this. I’m sure this would be great using fresh corn – or fresh grilled corn – yum! I just love the roasted flavor with the sweetness of the corn.
Now if you want to make this veggie friendly I’m sure this would be great without the bacon. I bet that you could add some chopped red bell pepper to this if you want to beef up the veggies. It’s not the healthiest, but bacon does take it up a good notch. I used the Bits and Pieces Bacon from Trader Joe’s (are you seeing a pattern here??). It’s an interesting bacon if you haven’t tried it. It’s huge chunks of bacon – almost ham like, with huge chunks of fat. It worked out well for this recipe(I didn’t use the chunks of fat, obvi), but to each their own.
I served with blue corn tortilla chips, because they pretty💅💅
I don’t think that de-seeding the jalapeño is a necessity, but since I was making it for a party I didn’t want it to be too0000 spicy. My personal preference is a titch more spice, but that’s just me.☺️
- 1 Bag Trader Joe's Frozen Roasted Corn
- ¾ cup chopped bacon - probably about 5 slices of regular bacon
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup light sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro for garnish, optional
- Place all ingredients in crock pot. Cook at high temp for two hours or low temp for four. Stir ingredients after about an hour. Garnish with cilantro if desired.